Under the terms of the Netherlands Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you.
The provisions of this policy apply to visitors to our website, former clients, current clients, applicants and recipients of our services.
We (Bitotal.com) respect each individual's right to privacy and we take data security very seriously. As you explore our site or otherwise deal with us, we want you to be clear about how we’re using your information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
We hope that you will take time to read this policy carefully – and if you have any questions, feel free to contact us
- what information we collect and why we collect it
- how we use that information and how long we keep it
- your privacy rights
- how we secure personal information
- when this policy applies and other important privacy information.
Information that we collect and why we collect it
When you apply to open an account with us, or request a service we will require you to provide us with information about you. We will need to use the information in certain ways – from basic needs like verifying your identity in order to process your requests and transactions.
We collect and store the following information:
Most of the biographical information we collect from you will be collected during the account opening process and this generally include your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth and copies of government issued identification including your passport and driving license (which contain a photo of you), copies of bills and copies of residency cards.
INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENTS
If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions (like when you fund your account, withdraw money from your account or other services offered on our website), we collect and store information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your card information including your credit or debit card number and other authentication details.
ONLINE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR VISIT TO OUR WEB SITE
When you visit our websites or trade on our platforms, we may automatically collect and store information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our websites and/or trade with us, and it also allows us to improve our websites.
In general, we collect:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- products you viewed or searched for
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Cookies that distinguish you from other users of our website.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any services we offer you and or contracts you enter with us
- to comply and cooperate with regulators, governmental authorities and the courts and to comply with our legal obligations
- to process any requests, enquiries or complaints received from you
- to notify you about changes to our service as a courtesy or where necessary
- to administer our site and services and for internal business operations, including troubleshooting and data analysis
- as part of our efforts to keep our site and trading systems safe and secure
We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
These parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services, including instances:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners or customers
- other parties in connection with corporate transactions including a sale or transfer of our company or a business unit
- other parties with your consent or at your direction
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by any applicable law or regulation to which we are subject.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We may reach out to you from time to time to ask you to update your information or confirm that your information is up to date. If you think that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please log into your Bitotal account and update accordingly.
HOW WE SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We work hard to protect the information that we hold and in particular:
- we hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically on secure servers
- we use encrypted transmission links whenever we can
- we use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorised access to systems and data
- we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems
- we restrict access to personal information to our employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page, and where appropriate, notified to you. Changes are effective when they are posted and by continuing to use our services, you acknowledge and agree to those changes. We are constantly developing new technology so please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Bitotal is the controller of your personal data and is registered as a data controller with the Netherlands Chambre of Commerce under registration number 69406863.
Risk Warning: Our service includes products that carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.